Monday, August 17, 2009

Human Participants Review

Hello friends,

thanks for a great discussion last night. I have many follow-up thoughts that I'll write up later this week, but for now I just wanted to post the resources that were requested. For anyone interested in a kind of dictionary of art jargon, I mentioned

Artwords: A Glossary of Contemporary Art Theory (Hardcover).

by Patin and McLerran. This book is ridiculously expensive new, but I see it on amazon for $27 or so. There's another one similar to this that's older and not so expensive...but I can't think of the name of it right now and can't find it on my shelf.

Also requested was documents for the Human Participants Review process, which is a protocol that should be undertaken by folks doing any research project involving potential risk (physical harm or psychological effect) to participants. If your project will not be shared publicly, you don't need to do this. However, if you will take photos or video, or if you're planning to do a survey the results of which will be shared, you will need to do this. I was going to post these on the blog, but I think I would rather just email them to folks who need them. They're also on First Class in an icon called Practicum Resources.

Looking forward to more discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment